17 November 2006

Friday Five: Giving Thanks

A la the Rev Gals, here are five people or things for whom/ which I am thankful this year. They are cliche, but true....
1. My immediate family
Dennis and Annalivia are the most wonderful blessings I have ever received. Every day I am so grateful that I get to share my life with them. I can't imagine what it will feel like when Sir Littler is born.
2. Being alive
Every day since Sept. 19, I have been thankful for the very gift of life. I'm ashamed that it took the accident to make me aware of that most basic of gifts.
3. My extended family
My sisters and mom and dad, and Dennis' family have been so helpful to us -- driving all hours at all times of the day to chauffeur us back and forth. They really are amazing.
4. My friends
For some reason, my circle of friends just keeps getting wider. This year, in addition to the faithful friends of auld lang syne, it has included some wonderful people I've never met and probably never will thanks to the blogging world. I'm grateful for y'all, too.
5. My church
Although I am an incredibly flawed and nutso pastor, they keep offering themselves to me. And although I don't appreciate all that is offered to me sometimes, I am blessed to be here and a part of this group. And, they make really great pies and cookies and chicken and casseroles and offer it pretty freely to others. There's a lot to be said for that.
"Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside...."

6 comments:

Sally said...

wonderful post- so glad you have a good congregation- people are great aren't they!

Unknown said...

It's amazing what it can take to make us realize what we have!
Hope you're healing well.

Amalee Issa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
April said...

Amalee... Thanks for your lovely story. I'm not preaching, but saved it because I thought it was a wonderful, wonderful testimony.

Psalmist said...

I'm thankful for you, April...simply you, gift of God to the world.

So there! :D

Loved your post. Happy Thanksgiving!

Amalee Issa said...

Thank you x