25 February 2007

How a Love-Bug grows


Little Annalivia Adaline is 2 years old today!

Two years ago as I watched her emerge into this world, I had this vague and surreal notion that my life was about to be forever, blessedly changed. What I did not understand was just how amazing I would feel looking in her eyes, receiving her smiles, hearing her sweet little voice, even being subjected to her fits and fights. Or how wonderful I would feel just thinking about her.
I look at this little creature in front of me and I am reminded again that, for me, there has been no greater tangible evidence of God's grace and love than my babies. Throughout my life, I prayed for her without knowing it was little Annalivia for whom I was praying. She arrived and for the last two years, I have been so astonished that God would answer my prayer so completely as to gift us with her. What a privilege this is to be her mother!
Happy birthday, little love. Your momma loves you.
"I have just dropped into the very place I have been seeking, but in everything it exceeds all my dreams." Isabella Bird (but seconded heartily by me!)

3 comments:

Crystal Starr said...

Happy BIRTH day April and Annalivia Adaline (I LOVE that name!).

That little boy is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! Both of your children are beyond beautiful!!!

*hugs*

April said...

Thanks, Crystal! That first pic is Annalivia the day after she was born -- the second is her yesterday -- one day before she turned 2! She really HAS grown!!

Jimmy said...

well it is all just to precious.
amazing really...
frankly i can't even believe it.