01 August 2007

Mei tei-ing one on

Well, we are getting better around here, slowly but surely. And as we recover, it has occurred to me that I am desperate for a way to carry Daniel around with me while doing work around the house. When Annalivia was his age, I don't think I ever did any work. Now that I have a 2 year old constantly accidentally decorating the carpet with some substance, I need to be able to do stuff. And Daniel is only good for about 15 minutes of being not held.
So. I think I am going to try to make a mei tei which is an asian baby carrier. It should be a good project for me in the evening and I found some cool gender-neutral canvas at Walmart, so I think I'm all set. Now I just need that elusive patience in loads and bucketfuls while I attempt to sew, which is one of my least favorite things to do precisely because it requires the afore-mentioned patience.
I'll let y'all know how it goes.

2 comments:

Cara said...

I hope that works for you! Ya know... I sew a lot with Hannah on my back, so I'm wondering how you're going to sew the mei tei without having one all ready :o) I lazied-out and bought an Ergo

Jimmy said...

and here i thought a mei tei was a spirited drink... humf