31 December 2007

Recipe: Does everyone else already know about these rolls?

This morning, we had some holy-cow-are-these-good cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I think everyone else in the world might already know about them, but I'm completely impressed by a.) their make-ahead ease and b.) their complete deliciousness and c.) their relative cheapness. I love homemade cinnamon rolls as much as the next person, but...ummm....that just doesn't happen very often 'round here. Thus I must share this great alternative. Which also won't happen much 'round here, but more for caloric reasons than anything else. :)
Note: I've seen this recipe for years and been afraid because of the pudding, but today we needed something to celebrate the first day of Christmas vacation when NONE of us have ANYTHING to do, so I decided to try them. I'm a convert. I'm going to start taking them to church on fellowship Sundays -- they're THAT easy.

1 package frozen dinner rolls (I used Kroger brand)
cinnamon
1 package vanilla pudding mix
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, melted

The night before, grease a bundt pan or tube pan of some sort.
Throw rolls into it. Sprinkle very liberally with cinnamon. Then sprinkle vanilla pudding on top. Then sprinkle brown sugar on the rolls. Then pour butter over rolls. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temp overnight.
Cook at 325 for 25-30 minutes.
Cool slightly and invert.
Eat.
Marvel in easy deliciousness.

No comments: