15 January 2008

Recipe: They aren't lyin' -- Best Banana Muffins ever

On Sunday, in the midst of getting to church with potluck food and taking breakfast to eat there and getting home about 10 minutes before Dennis had to leave and go to class, we left a few bananas in the car, where they froze solid.

Because the kiddos and I are trying to be at the church office at least three days a week, I knew we'd need to-go food today, so I made the frozen bananas into muffins following a recipe I found online titled, "Best Banana Muffins." I did not expect them to be fabulous because of their simplicity, but, oh my goodness, are they good! Good enough, in fact, to record for posterity's sake.

Banana Muffins
3 lg. bananas
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1/3 c. melted butter
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4-1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
Mash bananas; add sugar and slightly beaten egg, then melted butter. Add soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Mix and spoon into greased muffin cups (it does not rise very much) and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Yields 1 dozen (or so -- mine also made 7 mini-muffins).

3 comments:

~liz said...

thank you for this recipe! i've had three large bananas in my freezer since - july maybe? and i had to use them. the muffins are cooling on the rack right now - and they smell GREAT! they'll go great with hot chocolate after today's walk in the snow!
~liz

Anonymous said...

Delicious! And easy!

Donna Boucher said...

I think I shall be making these soon.

I have four ripening bananas!