27 March 2008

Deluxe dinner...sorta

Tonight, I tried to create a fabulous dinner for us, but it was one of those that just didn't quite...get there. Ever have those?

It fell short on almost every level....
  • The chicken-fried steak with beef I found on mark-down yesterday wasn't really tender like it should be.
  • The gravy wasn't very smooth and there wasn't enough of it. (Gravy scarcity is difficult for a McClure girl to handle. I may have cried.)
  • The mashed potatoes were really good, but not very hot.
  • The crust on the homemade apple pie was lovely on the outside, but turned to mush on the bottom.
  • I forgot the green beans.

I will have to say -- the canned corn was delicious. It's hard to screw that up, though.

Don't you hate it when you try and ALMOST get there? Bugs the heck out of me.

2 comments:

more cows than people said...

yeah, i do hate that.

but at least you try. i can't remember the last time i ut together a whole meal.

Andrea said...

At least you make a nice dinner. =)