14 September 2008

Casual dinner gatherings

I have a few moments while Dennis gets the kids a bath and so I just want to say again -- I love my family. I love that I can call them up on Sunday afternoon, invite them to dinner at 6, serve them dinner at 6:40, and have a lovely time despite unpacked boxes, unclean floors, and unorganized everything.
Grammy and Gramps and Lil's family came over for dinner tonight. It was nice to be able to just get together without pressure of a big to-do. We had homemade pizza -- two kinds; one was sausage, tomatoes from our garden, mushrooms, and onions and the other was chicken, garlic, feta, mushrooms, and mozzarella, with walnuts to put on top since I forgot to put them on the pizza. We also had a simple salad and sliced apples -- all good wholesome food and all tasty, not fussy, etc.
Tomorrow, Dennis' mom is coming for a little visit. She hasn't been to the big house yet. It looks nice and it is neat to be able to have a special place for our visitors, especially her. Annalivia and Daniel saw her on Saturday, but are very much looking forward to her visit tomorrow. She's going to stay with them while I go have a nuchal translucency test, also, so they get to be together without their mean mother around. That's good. They need a little Grandma-spoiling.
We got the guest room clean and arranged with the lovely quilt the church gave me as a parting gift on the bed.
I am feeling the baby, every once-in-a-while. I know that, technically, this is supposed to be impossible, but I felt Daniel moving early when my bladder was full and I feel this one, too. And I know what it's supposed to feel like by now. There's nothing else that feels like a little golf ball rolling around in there! I'm ready to know more about her/ him. It will be good to see that little love tomorrow!

1 comment:

Maria Baker said...

Are you having an ultrasound tomorrow? Me too! Actually, I'm having external version tomorrow where they'll try to manually turn my baby girl out of her current breech position. No matter what happens, I'll be having her sometime next week!!! Yay! Can't wait to meet her. And eat cupcakes guilt free!!! LOL. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you'll do the same. Miss you and hope all is well. Also, have I mentioned my jealously over your proximity to, ahem, you know who...LOLOLOLOL!!!

Love ya. Big hug.