05 March 2009

Ready... and holding

Well, God's most impatient creature (moi) learns yet another lesson in letting go. The maternity ward in Dixon is full. The doctor in Peoria has other things to do this weekend than deal with an impatient inpatient. So, the induction is scheduled to begin on Sunday at 4 p.m. here in central Illinois.
I think we are ready. Ish. As ready as one can be when a baby is arriving, I guess. In this house, we decided to adapt the master bedroom to another little person rather than worry about fixing up a nursery like we have had for the other two. Our kids sleep near us for the first two years, anyway. We figured we might as well embrace it. :) Plus, it took a lot less work.
We just stuck the changing table mat with a non-slip pad under it on top of one of the dressers in our room. Blankets, diapers, and burp towels fit in the other bins.

The co-sleeper and boppy are ready for their inhabitant. Dennis and I had to switch sides of the bed to set things up this way. We flip alternate sides about twice a year. It always throws me off. I'm such a creature of habit.

The kids have been playing with dolls, practicing holding and feeding and burping, etc. They are ready for a real baby.

One of them may be a little less ready than the other. Right before I took this picture, he was kneeling on the baby. We'll have to keep an eye on him. :)
So, we wait until Sunday. Of course, I could just go into labor before then. For the record, Emmeliese, that would be ok with Mommy. I would like to experience non-pitocin-induced contractions sometime. But what will be, will be. I will be repeating that to myself ad nauseum over the next four days.

3 comments:

Sarah S-D said...

your set up looks lovely!

you could always try natural induction methods...

i do hope you can avoid pitocin!!! come on emmeliese!

blessings, april!

Tonya said...

Okay, so for three or four days I have been thinking "check on April, check on April" and never got over here and then I come to find out that the baby TURNED!!!! YAY!:).

What's a few more days (I know, I won't be saying that when it's me in 4 months) when you can avoid a C-section. I am so happy for you!

Looks like the kids are nice and ready. I know they are so excited:).

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

I was just going to write you on facebook and see when the heck this was scheduled! :) It's exciting . . .only a couple more days! Good luck! Can't wait for her to arrive!